Global Medical Insurance
Global Medical Insurance® (GMI®) by IMG® is a series of versatile plan options tailored for you, so that you can easily design the benefits package that you need.
The program provides comprehensive benefits suitable for individuals and families and groups, fully portable 24 hour coverage and the peace of mind you need. You can build your plan by reviewing and choosing from the coverage options and services available. More detailed benefit and service descriptions are available, contact your insurance advisor or CAPCO Health Group.
Long-term comprehensive medical insurance for…
- Canadians who are, or will be, located outside Canada for an extended period :
- work assignment,
- those with dual residencies, or
- travelling the world;
- Canadians residing in Canada who want access to top medical care facilities in Canada or wherever located in the world; or
- Residents of other countries who want access to high-quality medical care in the U.S. or elsewhere.
GMI’s multiple options
5 Plan Options | 4 Premium Modes | Optional Riders | Multiple Deductible Options
No charge for children | Multiple Underwriting Modes
CAPCO's Executive Health Plans by Global Medical Insurance® provide five plan options :
- Platinum – Provides the superior benefits package for the most discerning global consumer. Platinum offers a package of enhanced benefits and services. It is designed for the client who wants the convenience of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits in one plan.
- Gold Plus – Comprehensive major medical plan designed for people who need long-term coverage. Benefit levels continue as long as the coverage remains in effect. The plan option selected by the majority of our clients.
- Gold – Ideally suited for those who desire full major medical coverage but for a limited period of time. Gold provides comprehensive benefits for the first three years of coverage. After three years, certain benefits and lifetime maximums are reduced. As a result, Gold is priced more competitively than the Gold Plus option.
- Silver – Affordable medical security designed for the more budget-conscious consumer and those planning to receive care in lower cost areas of the world. Silver offers a wide range of scheduled benefits equipped to meet your essential needs.
- Bronze – The most economical global coverage of all IMG® plans for those seeking affordable benefits for inpatient care.
Optional riders – All plan options offer additional, optional coverages.
- Global Term Life InsuranceSM (including AD&D)
- Daily IndemnitySM
- Terrorism (Platinum plan option)
- Sports (Platinum plan option)
- Dental/Vision (Silver, Gold, & Gold Plus plan options)
Multiple deductible options – To accommodate your financial resources, you can select from seven different deductible options – all providing different premium levels. Additionally, your deductible can be reduced up to 50% to a $2,500 maximum.
No additional cost for children – No matter the plan option you choose, if you are a family, the family premium covers the first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost for the first year (see Additional Coverage Information). This is a valuable savings for any budget.
Four premium modes – Schedule the frequency of payment that meets your means.
Multiple Underwriting Modes – Understanding that everyone has a unique medical background, with Global Medical Insurance we have developed multiple ways to administer coverage to you where you may have been declined by other companies.
Your application will be reviewed based on the full disclosure of your medical history that you provide.
- Standard underwriting – Standard underwriting provides the full pre-exisiting conditions benefit.
- Exclusionary rider(s) – With an exclusionary rider, we are able to extend coverage for your medical needs, with the exception of the specific excluded condition named in the rider. This allows standard pre-existing condition benefits for non-ridered conditions that may otherwise have been declined.
- Flexible underwriting rider – The flexible underwriting rider will allow us to extend coverage to you even if you have significant, ongoing, and/or chronic pre-existing conditions. For a nominal annual administration fee, coverage is extended for a pre-existing condition following 24 months of continuous coverage, during which you are symptom, advice or treatment free for that particular condition.
GMI Service and Protection
Freedom to choose your provider | Locating a provider | Emergency Medical Treatment
Unique medical service: The Medical Concierge program
Medical professionals to coordinate your care | 24/7/365 access to information
From routine care to complex case management to emergency medical situations, your client is never far from IMG®’s support services. The Global Medical Insurance® program not only provides flexible coverage, it also provides prompt access to the invaluable international services and IMG resources – regardless of the insured’s location.
Freedom to choose your provider
This program allows the freedom of choice in health care providers, no matter where the insured is located in the world. With open access to health care providers comes improved access to quality care.
Locating a provider – For the insured’s convenience and to help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses, IMG provides access to two extensive provider networks that include established, globally credentialed physicians and hospitals.
- The independent Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) – when seeking care within the U.S.
- The International Provider AccessSM (IPA) – when seeking care outside the U.S.
Emergency Medical Treatment
The ability to access quality health care is of paramount importance when a life-threatening medical emergency arises abroad. This program provides important emergency benefits backed by the services of an accredited 24/7/365 clinical staff with over 200 years of combined experience.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit
- Return of Mortal Remains benefit
- Remote Transportation benefit (Platinum plan option)
- Political Evacuation benefit (Platinum plan option)
Unique medical service: The Medical Concierge program
Whether the insured is seeking care in a local facility or in an unfamiliar location, the quality of the care is the primary concern. Our Medical Concierge program is designed to provide critical information on provider ratings, treatment outcome and cost of care prior to receiving medical treatment. A personal Medical Concierge assigned to clients requiring substantial medical attention will review specific non-emergency medical conditions and provide complete information on provider ratings, past outcomes and general costs – all in the area where the client plans to receive treatment.
IMG’s Medical Concierge helps your client to make an informed decision when seeking medical care within the U.S. Also, he or she can receive a reduction in the deductible for utilizing this unique medical service. This level of individualized service is unmatched in the international arena. Please note due to the high level of data required for this service, Medical Concierge service is restricted to facilities within the U.S.
Medical professionals to coordinate your care
In the event medical care is needed, our on-site clinical staff coordinates with the medical provider and treating facility to respond to the unique needs and circumstances the insured may face. Having provided services in more than 170 countries, IMG professionals are experts at assessing the need for services and ensuring they are delivered in a timely, cost-effective manner.
This individualized approach gives insureds peace of mind knowing that they have experienced, knowledgeable professionals ready to help at a moment’s notice, anywhere around the globe.
International service assistance
IMG’s international services are designed to help each claimant maximize the outcome of their medical care.
- Access to quality health care worldwide
- Professionally trained multilingual claims administrators and service professionals with proven international experience
- Claim inquiries, status of claim information and reimbursement options available online, by phone, fax, email and Live Chat
- Experienced international currency conversion
- Claim settlement directly to providers or to the claimant via check or direct deposit
- Verification of benefits and explanation of benefits to providers
24/7/365 access to information
To help insureds save time managing routine areas of their account, we make it easy for them to get the information they need.
- MyIMGSM – secure member Web site
- Online renewals
- Easy online U.S. and international provider searches
- Retrieve explanation of benefits
- Check the status of claims – real time information available
- Update address information & request ID cards
- Change your mode of payment
- Multiple international service and assistance centers
- Live Chat, email, phone, fax